The Morgan M-JPEG codec has the ability to compress and also to playback any full screen video at more than 30 frames per second. This without even compromising the quality even replacing normal hardware solutions which is based on additional hardware.
Morgan M-JPEG Codec
The codec is another property codec which you have to pay for. The free or trial version has been added below much like others. This allows for video compression that uses the Motion-JPEG (M-JPEG) algorithm. Like other codecs it is used to also compress as well as decompress video data. The M-JPEG even though propriety, is used widely in video compression in digital cameras as well as in video editing software such as Adobe. See also the vfw codec on here as well as the Panasonic mpeg4.
Morgan Multimedia developed the codec as the company specialises in video and audio codecs as well as filters. As stated before that codec is used in many software products for fast encoding and decoding. This especially in post production of video shoots. You will also note that it is used in video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, and Final Cut Pro. This as it supports various color spaces, resolutions as well as the frame rates in videos. The codec is very versatile.
Finally the codec is not as widespread as H.264 or HEVC. Also this is a lossy compression format so some quality does get lost during compression. So if you want really high quality video with a small file size. Then see and compare other codecs as well. See also the VirtualDub Player as well as the Sunplus 32-bit Compressor and CamStudio Lossless Codec.
Morgan M-JPEG Features
- – Playback hardware M-JPEG AVI files
- – Realtime software M-JPEG compression on capture cards
- – Video Editing of M-JPEG projects without the specific hardware codec.
- – Software M-JPEG AVI files can be played back by hardware codecs
- – Windows XP, 2000, me, 98, 95, NT, Video for Windows, ActiveMovie & DirectShow
- – MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNow!+ and SMP heavily optimized
- – DirectDraw YUV accelerated overlay output supported (YUY2, UYVY, …).
- – Support most of the M-JPEG formats (4:2:2, 4:1:1, 4:2:0, MJPG, dmb1, jpeg).
Updated: 1 February 2023
Morgan M-JPEG Codec (2011 version)
M-JPEG Codec v3 (32-bit) (Trial)
M-JPEG Codec v3 (64-bit) (Trial)