This is the FFmpeg for Audacity audio and you will need to download and install the FFmpeg library. This so that you can use Audacity audio. See below how to install the files for the audio editor as well as how this connects to the Audacity editor. Finally you can edit your audio files after this.
FFmpeg for Audacity Audio
First you will need to download the FFmpeg files below. Most installs are for the 64bit version if you are using the Windows operating system. Your Windows 10 and up are all 64bit systems. Likewise also see the article on Audacity audio problems as well as Audacity Recording Desktop Audio.
Follow the instructions below.
- Download the FFmpeg installer which is most the 64 bit version
- Next extract the file from the ZIP file
- Find the EXE file you extracted and then Click on the file (ignore the “unknown publisher” warning)
- Then read and accept the license
- Choose your location for the install (Default is C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity)
- Click on Finished
- Restart the Audacity Audio program.
Installing FFmpeg from Audacity
If you are going to install the FFmpeg libraries from inside Audacity then you will need to do the following:
- Click on the following sequence – Edit > Preferences > Libraries
- Click on Locate and browse for your file
- Finally the following message will appear, Audacity has automatically identified FFmpeg:
- Click No as Audacity already knows where to find FFmpeg;
- Browse the directories on your computer;
- Then Click Open, then OK, then OK again to close the preferences.
Download FFmpeg for Audacity Audio (32 bit)
Download FFmpeg for Audacity Audio (64 bit)
Finally, each file is inside a ZIP file. Extract the file inside once downloaded.
Download FFmpeg for Audacity (MacOS)