The popularreminds one of the first versions of the Windows Media Player 6.4. While Microsoft has moved to a more larger player both in size and CPU usage, everyone wanted to simply play their videos without much effort. Lighter in memory usage as it is small and more simply.
Theis great not only because it uses less memory but also has the ability to zoom and to play DVD’s. It also still supports QuickTime and Real Player Alternative files. It has built in MPEG2 and DVD codecs. If you are looking for a player that uses a bit more memory but plays more video then look for the VLC player on this website.
Changes in22.214.171.124 :
- update svn ignore list;
– add the needed DirectX include files and ddraw.lib;
– add the atl include files;
– add VS2008 project/solution files (quickly updated from VS2005 files with the minimum needed changes to compile);
– update common/release.vsprops and the manifest file;
– now mpc should compile with VS2008;
– backport r3013,r3019 from mpc-hc svn.